Stuck at "More than 50 roundtrips"

thomas at habets.se thomas at habets.se
Tue Oct 24 20:03:28 UTC 2023

On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 00:48:50 +0100, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> said:
>> I'm trying to set up EAP-TLS with certificates with an Android Pixel 7
>> Pro, latest OS, via a Unifi U6 Pro, using FreeRadius 3.0.17
> 3.0.26 has been out for a while.  I'd suggest using the most recent
> version.  It's likely that the issue is fixed.

tl;dr: It does work with the new version. Thank you for your help, and
I sincerely apologize for not asking my question in the better,
clearly documented, way.

I'll add some notes below merely for archives, in case someone else
encounters this.

> One thing which could be an issue is that EAP-TLS was updated for
> TLS 1.3.  Version 3.0.26 has those updates.  3.0.17 doesn't.  And
> the Android system is likely trying to use TLS 1.3

The debug output with 3.0.17 mentioned ignoring some TLS 1.3. On the
Android side I could only choose minimum, not maximum, TLS
version. I'd tried setting min and max version on the FreeRadius side,
but it did not help.

> Upgrade.  If it works, move on to something else.

Yup, no need to run older versions just because it's the one packaged
with the distribution.

Thanks again!

--
typedef struct me_s {