Updating/overwriting attribute with rlm_python

Norman Elton normelton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:52:20 UTC 2023

I’m using rlm_python, returning a tuple to update attributes in the reply.
I’ve noticed that if the request already has a value for that attribute, it
is not overwritten. That is, my operation becomes a no-op.

I suppose this matches the behavior of the “=“ operator. Is there a way to
behave like the “:=“ operator, overwriting the existing value? Or should I
strip the value prior to invoking my python module?

Thanks,

Norman