checkrad alternative

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Oct 27 09:45:56 UTC 2023

On 27/10/2023 09:53, Igor Smitran wrote:
> I have a new Cisco ASR. There is no SNMP OID on it for checking
> simultaneous use with checkrad.
>
> Is there an alternative? Am i able to use COA instead of checkrad? If
> so, any help would be appreciated.

Look at the source for checkrad - it just does different things to find
out if a user is logged in. Some involve just telnetting into the device...

So, find out a) if it is even possible to determine who is logged into
the Cisco, and b) how. Then modify checkrad or write your own script to
make those checks.

I'd be quite surprised if it's not possible to find out logged in users
over SNMP, that's normally pretty standard.

--
Matthew