checkrad alternative

Igor Smitran sigor at blic.net
Mon Oct 30 09:39:18 UTC 2023

On 30. 10. 23. 01:09, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    Perl is pretty slow.  It's not a huge difference.  But checkrad isn't a Perl module.  It's a perl program which is exec'd by the server.  So it's slower than *either* just using rlm_perl, or "exec + radclient".
>
>    The only way to make it faster is to use rlm_perl, and then have the Perl module open a socket, create the RADIUS packet, send the RADIUS packet, and look for the response.   This may help:
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Authen::Radius

Already found and tested it, wanted to add it to checkrad.

I am not sure how to setup sql module to call rlm_perl instead of chekrad.

Or maybe to try to check Simultaneous-Use in authorize section and call
rlm_perl there:

1. Disable simultaneous check queries in sql

2. add Simultaneous-Use check in authorize

3. call rlm_pelr based on 2

Regards,

Igor