File module processing error "Invalid operator"

Chinnapaiyan, Nagamani nagamani.chinnapaiyan at viasat.com
Tue Oct 31 01:22:00 UTC 2023

Thanks Alan for the respose.

Ø    You can't use "dhcpv4.Router-Address" as an attribute name.
Router-Address is in the dictionary. And dhcpv4.Router-Address attribute is working fine.
/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary/dhcpv4/dictionary.rfc2131:ATTRIBUTE Router-Address                                                 3   ipaddr array

If the file is having few policies like below, there is no problem. i.e., no problem with the attribute name.
# cat /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/subnet_policies
25.0.0.0/20
    dhcpv4.Router-Address := 25.0.0.1,
    dhcpv4.Subnet-Mask := 255.255.240.0

25.0.16.0/20
    dhcpv4.Router-Address := 25.0.16.1,
    dhcpv4.Subnet-Mask := 255.255.240.0

25.0.32.0/20
    dhcpv4.Router-Address := 25.0.32.1,
    dhcpv4.Subnet-Mask := 255.255.240.0

Ø    If this is for v4, well, that's not released yet.  But you still need to use the names in the DHCP dictionaries.
This is v4.

The problem is observed when I have 1000s of entries in the subnet_policies file. To solve the problem, I just need to add one/two spaces anywhere in the file.
The problem for me is this file is dynamically updated, and this magic random error likely to appear during the update. It will need manual intervention to add/delete one or two spaces/empty_lines in the file when error happens.

Regards,
Nagamani Chinnapaiyan