Observing a common error in Freeradius with Postgres but not justification why it happens

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Sat Sep 2 12:19:06 UTC 2023

On 2/09/2023 at 10:53:02 PM, Ibrahim Al Mahfooz <ibrahim.nezar at sevennet.net>
wrote:

> Hard drives are HDD SAS 15K EPM, and logical partition set as RAID 50 (6
> disks each 300GB)

With HDDs this sort of write latency seems reasonable.

If you want lower latency you should get SSDs.

Given you are writing mobile stuff, I can imagine that there are a lot of
fairly short sessions. This would mean you have a lot of rows, and your DB
size will reflect that.

I don’t think you shared how many rows you have, but, 8GB of rows will be a
lot.

If you need this data to be retained, my suggestion is that you get someone
experienced with postgres to help you design this DB and the queries.

--
Nathan Ward