Observing a common error in Freeradius with Postgres but not justification why it happens

Ibrahim Al Mahfooz ibrahim.nezar at sevennet.net
Sat Sep 2 14:48:00 UTC 2023

Hello,

>With HDDs this sort of write latency seems reasonable.
>If you want lower latency you should get SSDs.In what circumstance should
we consider SSD instead of HDD, what is the triggering factor such as
number of TPS hit or other KPIs?
FYI, And postgres, it is pretty default, no change apart from the shared
buffer size set to 8GB instead of 128MB memory.

Two questions here:
1- is there an optimal db response time in ms for FreeRadius?
2- we have around 17 million records for two weeks which resulted in 8GB
data size.