dhcp v6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 27 17:43:27 UTC 2023

On Sep 27, 2023, at 1:32 PM, Charles Hedrick via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I see there's support for DHCP v6, but I don't see any usable documentation or examples. The sample site file doesn't return any information. Does anyone have either documentaiton or a working configuration file that returns info, prerably from sql, though I can presumably combined with v4 info for that.

  DHCPv6 is supported only in v4.  It was one of the reasons why v4 has taken so long.

  DHCpv6 requires attribute grouping in a way which RADIUS doesn't do.  So we had to change pretty much everything.  And that took time.

  The good news is that DHCPv6 works fine in v4.  The bad news is that v4 isn't quite ready yet.  It may very well work for you, in which case that's good.  But if it doesn't work, we're happy to take patches to fix it.