failed memcached server handling

Eric Lin pirate585 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:51:33 UTC 2024

Hi Everyone,

I am testing Freeradius v3.2.3 with cache module. the driver
"rlm_cache_memcached". We plan to build a freeradius cluster with
distributed memcached to cache user login status. During the test, I
notice if memcached is offline, freeradius will either reject all new
auth request or failed to start. The libmemcached document website is
offline (http://docs.libmemcached.org) and I tried to search related
information on google, but no luck. Does anyone know how to make
rlm_cache_memcached to handle failed memcached server?

the cache module config is
cache {
        driver = "rlm_cache_memcached"
        memcached {
                # Memcached configuration options, as documented here:
                #
http://docs.libmemcached.org/libmemcached_configuration.htmlmemcached
                options = "--SERVER=10.4.4.5 --SERVER=10.4.4.6
--SERVER=10.4.4.7"
                pool {
                        start = ${thread[pool].start_servers}
                        min = ${thread[pool].min_spare_servers}
                        max = ${thread[pool].max_servers}
                        spare = ${thread[pool].max_spare_servers}
                        uses = 0
                        lifetime = 0
                        idle_timeout = 60
        key = "%{sha256:%{User-Name}}/%{sha256:%{User-Password}}"
        ttl = 150
        update {
                # Cache all instances of Reply-Message in the reply list
                &reply:Reply-Message += &reply:Reply-Message[*]
                # Add our own to show when the cache was last updated
                &reply:Reply-Message += "Cache last updated at %t"

also, the option --REMOVE_FAILED_SERVERS is not supported

Regards,
Eric