Crash of Kamailio when using module http_async_client - function http_async_query, if module "tm.so" is not loaded (Kamailio 5.7.3)

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Jan 9 15:58:43 UTC 2024

Hello,

When using http_async_query function, provided by module http_async_client:

https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/http_async_client.html#http_async_client.f.http_async_query

If module "tm.so" is not loaded, then immediately upon calling function http_async_query, Kamailio crashes:

 9(3807541) CRITICAL: <core> [core/pass_fd.c:281]: receive_fd(): EOF on 8
 0(3807527) ALERT: <core> [main.c:791]: handle_sigs(): child process 3807533 exited by a signal 11
 0(3807527) ALERT: <core> [main.c:795]: handle_sigs(): core was generated
 0(3807527) INFO: <core> [main.c:818]: handle_sigs(): terminating due to SIGCHLD

Of course, I now know that I must load the module "tm.so".
But I think it would be better to catch the issue when Kamailio starts, rather than crashing later on when trying to call http_async_query.

What do you think ?

Regards,
Nicolas.