LDAP group authorization with MSAD

Nick Porter nick at portercomputing.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 11:47:06 UTC 2024

On 23/01/2024 05:10, Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> With binding as the original user though, it only seems to bind and doesn't seem to query the user object, so how can I get the user's DN to check group membership in this way and with my MSAD LDAP schema?
Call the ldap module in authorize (before you start referring to
LDAP-Group - if you configure stuff correctly using the cached group
options then you can minimise the number of LDAP lookups)

When ldap is called in authorize context it:

  - binds as the admin user
  - uses the "user" related module options to find the user's object
  - creates the attribute &control:LDAP-UserDN containing the object's DN
  - depending on the "group" related module options looks up the user's
group membership and populates the &control:LDAP-Group attribute.

--

Nick Porter