Mac-Auth or 802.1x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 23 14:23:11 UTC 2024

  Read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

> I have created a username and password and also entered a Mac address in the file.
> But neither the user nor the Mac address work. I always get a reject, although it should work according to the instructions.
>
> I get the following answer when I run radtest:

  You're trying to debug the server, but you're looking at the output of the client.  Why?

> Here are the individual files. I am very grateful for any help.

  Read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  This is extensively documented.  When you join the list, you get a message containing that link, and asking you to read it.

  We don't need to see the output of radclient.  We don't need to see the configuration files.

  The only solution is to read the debug output.

  What is likely going wrong is that the entry in "authorized_macs" doesn't match what the server is receiving in the User-Name attribute.  If you read the debug output, you will see this clearly.