FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS Auth. Issues

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 24 13:44:40 UTC 2024

Well, you'll probably understand that someone wouldn't want to make some
bigger changes to the source, if someone hasn't written code in C for
more than 20 years, and considering the way you shoot off replies of
people here and on github, I'll surely expect any patch submitted being
refused because there's something not the way you want it, not following
some way or coding style which is somewhere probably documented in length.

And adding new parameters and splitting the use of them to their proper
causes is definitely not a two-line change.

So please excuse me, if I don't want to spend time on something for
which I am pretty sure will be mostly wasted time...

And looking at

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/57325921a6c6526519d5d6d494627f9d9a3611e3/src/lib/tls/verify.c#L389

it seems 4.x also uses a set of trusted certs in "chain" for the
untrusted parameter of

int X509_STORE_CTX_init(X509_STORE_CTX *ctx, X509_STORE *trust_store,
                         X509 *target, STACK_OF(X509) *untrusted);

I am very sorry,

Gerald