FreeRADIUS EAP-TLS Auth. Issues

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 25 00:06:44 UTC 2024

On Jan 24, 2024, at 6:22 PM, Gerald Vogt <vogt at spamcop.net> wrote:

> The comments suggest contradictory and thus confusing best practices.

  i.e. If you go to a pizza place and they suggest you can get cheese, OR pepperoni, OR both on a pizza, that's too much.  You then yell at them and storm out.

  The server gives a number of options to control it's behavior.  It explains how you can do multiple different things.  This, I think, is the source of the confusion.  Perhaps it would be simpler if the server just had one button labelled "do what I want".

> O.K. Thanks for the clarification. Any worthy contribution in your eyes is only a patch.

  i.e. documentation patch. As I've said repeatedly.

  Yet you're still confused, and think that "patch" means "source code patch".

  This is a problem I can't solve.

> You made it absolutely clear by now, it verbatim statements, that you don't want my contribution in any kind. Who am I to dare I might post something on this list to help someone else??

  i.e. I've asked you repeatedly for contributions, and you've repeatedly said "no", with a variety of excuses.

  And who has helped more people over the past 25 years?  Someone who's contribution is only to complain, or someone who's written most of the documentation, and accepted patches from hundreds of polite, positive, communicative, and well-meaning people?

  Anyways, bye.  Your behavior here has crossed the line.