Startup Fails with "No such file or directory" for sql queries.conf

Timothy Weaver timothyweaver at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:38:20 UTC 2024

Hi,

I am attempting to use the FreeRADIUS Docker container, but when I try to
include the mysql configuration the server fails to start with the
following errors:

including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sql
including configuration file
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/queries.conf}
Unable to open file
"/etc/freeradius/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/queries.conf}": No such file or
directory
Errors reading or parsing /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
--------------------------

Here's what I've confirmed:

1. I am using a totally vanilla configuration from the Docker quick start
instructions with no changes except to enable MySQL as the datastore.
2. The queries.conf file is present and permissions are correct.
3. Confirmed the database sql has been created with the schema under
mods-config/sql/main/mysql/schema.sql
4. Confirmed the MySQL database is accessible with configuration parameters
in the mod-available/sql file. Used mysql client to confirm with radius
user and grants to all tables in the radius database.
5. In the mods-enabled/sql (linked to mods-available/sql)I have changed:
* driver = "rlm_sql_null" to driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"
* commented out the TLS section under mysql
* confirmed the connection parameters for server, port, login, and password
(see #4 above)
* confirmed radius_db is set to the correct database name (I used "radius").
* uncommented read_clients = yes
* ensured client_table = "nas" is uncommented
* confirmed

Dockerfile
-------------
FROM freeradius/freeradius-server:latest
COPY raddb/ /etc/freeradius/

Build
-------
docker build -t freeradius -f Dockerfile .

docker-compose.yml
----------------------------
version: "3"
services: