FreeRadius EAP-TLS Auth using Email Address

LOWES, Phil (LEICESTERSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST) phil.lowes at nhs.net
Wed Jan 31 11:57:24 UTC 2024

We have a requirement to authenticate devices to WIFI using the user's email address stored in AD. The devices are enrolled into InTune and the only shared piece of information is the email address.

How can I change FreeRadius to authenticate using the email address instead of the username?

Do I need to perform some form of LDAPSearch using the email address to get the username?

Will this work with EAP authentication using SSL certs? The SSL certs are created OnPrem and use the email address.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Phil Lowes

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please:
i) inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it; and
ii) do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its content (to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful).
Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email, collaboration and directory service available for all NHS staff in England. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch visit Joining NHSmail - NHSmail Support<https://support.nhs.net/article-categories/joining-nhsmail/>