Blast RADIUS resources to protect your network

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 9 17:02:39 UTC 2024

As news of the Blast RADIUS vulnerability spreads, we wanted to let you know about resources that we’ve put together for you.

The big takeaway is this:
********. You MUST UPGRADE your systems as soon as possible.  *********

The upgrade process needs to be done carefully but we have many resources to help you.
We have FREE RESOURCES available here: https://edit.inkbridgenetworks.com/blastradius

———————————
The following products have an EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT until the END OF WEDNESDAY (tomorrow, July 10) this week.

- Step-by-step upgrade guide and worksheet: https://inkbridgenetworks.myshopify.com/products/blastradius-upgrade-documentation
The BlastRADIUS Upgrade Guide and Excel worksheet explains exactly how to protect your network from the vulnerability. Together, these documents reduce the risk of “do it yourself” solutions, which can result in accidental network outages. The documents give a set of detailed steps to take, including what configuration changes to make, where those changes should be made, and how to verify that the changes have been applied correctly.

- Upgrade guide, Worksheet and a Verification Tool https://inkbridgenetworks.myshopify.com/products/blastradius-documentation-and-test-tool
The BlastRADIUS Verification Tool enables administrators to verify that systems have been upgraded and configured correctly. It looks at packet captures, and can send RADIUS packets directly to a RADIUS server. The result is a report indicating whether or not the systems are still vulnerable.

- Upgrade guide, Worksheet, Verification Tool and 3 months of support. https://inkbridgenetworks.myshopify.com/products/blastradius-documentation-test-tool-and-emergency-support
While we have full confidence in the documentation and tool, some customers may be looking for additional support. We will provide the above tool and documentation, along with three (3) months of technical support. Our engineers will answer questions you have about any aspects of the BlastRADIUS vulnerability, or the above documentation and verification tool.

—————————

The following products have an EARLY BIRD discount until the END OF TUESDAY (July 16th)

BlastRADIUS Verification Tool + Guide and Worksheet, and 6 Months of Enhanced Support: https://inkbridgenetworks.myshopify.com/products/blastradius-documentation-test-tool-and-enhanced-support
For customers who are looking for more personal interaction, we will provide the above documentation, verification tools, and six (6) months of technical support. We will also provide two (2) video conferencing sessions of up to three (3) hours in length with our engineers.

BlastRADIUS Carrier Package: https://inkbridgenetworks.myshopify.com/products/blastradius-telco-review-package
Telcos and carriers have unique requirements, greater sensitivity, and large customer-driven urgency.  In this package, we will provide documentation, verification tools, and twelve (12) months of technical support. We will also provide four (4) video conferencing sessions of up to three (3) hours in length with our engineers.

The sessions with our engineers can also be used to advocate on your behalf with technology vendors.  The fixes needed for the BlastRADIUS issue are new, networks are complex, and there may be corner cases that the vendors have been unable to test.

If you have issues with vendor behaviour as a result of BlastRADIUS, we can join a call with you and the vendor to clarify any issues. We will also work with the vendors to test and verify any fixes, including updating the RADIUS standards to address issues which we may find.

Blast RADIUS in the media:

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-wire-news-releases-pmn/blastradius-vulnerability-threatens-corporate-networks-and-cloud-inkbridge-networks-guides-organizations-through-the-fix

https://thehackernews.com/2024/07/radius-protocol-vulnerability-exposes.html

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/10143-new-blast-radius-protocol-vulnerability