[EXT] Blast RADIUS resources to protect your network

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 10 20:27:49 UTC 2024

On Jul 10, 2024, at 3:55 PM, Brian Julin <BJulin at clarku.edu> wrote:

> Alan DeKok wrote:
>> As news of the Blast RADIUS vulnerability spreads, we wanted to let you know about resources that we’ve put together for you.
>> The big takeaway is this:
>> ********. You MUST UPGRADE your systems as soon as possible.  *********
>
> Just wanted to thank Alan.  We lucked out, our NAS units all seem to send a Message-Authenticator.

  If you can say, which vendor?

> I suspect Alan's advocacy for securing the RADIUS protocol over the years is a major reason why.\

  It's good to hear that my efforts have some positive benefit.

  So yes, if the NASes send Message-Authenticator, then set "require_message_authenticator = yes" for each client, and you're secure.  You should likely upgrade the NASes eventually, but that can be done as part of normal maintenance processes.