Freeradius to use SQL table instead of client.conf

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Jul 17 09:13:51 UTC 2024

Alan Smith via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>
writes:

>  Thank you Nathan. May I check if there would be a way to achieve the
>  requirement to dynamically update client info without the need to
>  restart radiusd service?

Yes, there is. It is documented in this example config:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/HEAD/raddb/sites-available/dynamic-clients

Works best if all your clients have addresses from a small number of
prefixes.  I.e. if you allocate all the loopback addresses used as
radius client source addresses from a pool dedicated to precisely that.

Bjørn