Freeradius to use SQL table instead of client.conf

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 17 12:19:21 UTC 2024

On Jul 17, 2024, at 6:14 AM, Alan Smith via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Thank you Bjorn. I followed the one from this link as I want to continue using SQL table.
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/d3fc9b6e76aef3fd3358210caadd97a5d46754c0/raddb/sites-available/dynamic-clients#L153
> I have updated the query shown in Example 3 reflecting my table name. It still does not reflect when there is a change in the table.

  Please read the documentation, including the dynamic-clients link you posted above.

  The server does NOT update the client list whenever a change is made in the table.  Instead, it works as documented.

  i.e. when a packet from a new client comes in, the server runs the "dynamic-client" file you noted above.  The configuration in that file will query SQL, and create a new dynamic client.

  This is all extensively documented in the comments in that configuration file.  Nothing in that documentation says "just add a new row to the SQL table, and the server will automatically pick it up, without any other action being taken".