Freeradius sql module usage

Alan Smith asmith7724 at myyahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 15:21:04 UTC 2024

A project I am working on does not allow storage of plain text passwords in the config file. That is why.
   On Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 09:39:41 pm SGT, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

 On Jul 23, 2024, at 1:12 AM, Alan Smith via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> How may I encrypt the password used in Connection info in SQL module? Kindly advise. Thanks.

  What problem would that solve?

  Think about it for a bit.  The server has to be able to decrypt that password somehow.  So where is the decryption key stored?  How can the server get access to it?

  These kinds of approaches add complexity, and offer zero additional security.