Access Attribute

Brian Blater brian.blater+freeradius at digitalturbine.com
Wed Mar 13 17:54:54 UTC 2024

I'm in the process of configuring FreeRADIUS to integrate with our
Okta SSO and LDAP. I'm working through the documentation and FR
installed and LDAP configured so far.

Right now I'm looking at the "Controlling user accounts" info and had
a question about the user.access_attribute and the
user.access-positive attributes.In the documentation it mentions if
the attribute is present (set to true) I can set the access_positive =
yes.

My question is this... in Okta the attribute is "organizationalStatus"
and it can be one of several things. For an active user it is set to
ACTIVE. Does FR only see true or false? Can I set this so it sees the
attribute from Okta and if it is anything other than ACTIVE, then set
access_positive = no?

Thanks