NAS to RADIUS bridge

Ľudovít Mikula ludovit.mikula at mikori.sk
Thu May 23 17:20:27 UTC 2024

I have a NAS which is not capable of converting DHCPv6 requests from
RG/host clients to RADIUS requests on one side and a RADIUS server which
only handles RADIUS protocol on the other side.

My use case looks like this one, but the NAS does not have the RADIUS
client capability: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6911#section-2

Would it be possible to configure freeradius 4 as the missing "bridge",
where it would listen for DHCPv6 requests from NAS, convert them to
RADIUS ones, send them to the other RADIUS server and on RADIUS response
return appropriate DHCPv6 response to NAS?

-- Ludo