PAM Module Patch and Feature

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 26 11:56:45 CEST 2007

Tomas Hoger wrote:

> Is it single issue causing both reject_delay and proxy retry
> scheduling problems?  Can you sched some light on details of the
> problem?  Is any patch planned for 1.1.x?

  Pretty much.  The server *should* have a concept of events, as in
"when to do something".  Plus, it should have a concept of state, as in
"the request is in state FOO".  Right now, it just brute-forces through
all requests looking for something to do, and it does a bunch of awkward
checks to try to figure out what state the request is in.

  Both current methods are wrong.  I'm fixing both in the CVS head, but
the patches will *not* go into 1.1.x.  They're just too invasive.