Is it possible??

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 3 01:29:38 CEST 2008

kent at midsouth.com wrote:
> What I am needing is to be able to force freeRadius authenticated users
> into a web page. I need it to when they login that they forward to the web
> page we need them to see first when they open up their browser.

  This is called a captive portal.  See Coova, or chillispot.

> Don't know if this can even be done with freeRadius, but it would be nice
> to send all the non-payers to their very on disconnect of service page.

  FreeRADIUS authenticates users.  It has no effect on users traffic
after they've been authenticated.

  As with most such questions, the answer is "Read your NAS
documentation".  If your NAS documents that it can be done, then it's
possible.  Otherwise, it's not.