Need help on testing freeradius (problems with radclient)...

artaxerxe mapandrei at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:22:36 CET 2011

No. I have installed the client and server on the same machine.
As a summary:
My FR version:

> /sbin/radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov
21 2011 at 12:51:47
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT.

required library when I make the test:

> radtest "John Doe" hello 127.0.0.1 0 radiussecret
/usr/local/bin/radclient: error while loading shared libraries:
libfreeradius-radius-2.2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

finally, if I search for libfreeradius libraries, I get the following:

> find / | grep -i libfreeradius

/lib/libfreeradius-eap-2.1.12.so
/lib/libfreeradius-eap.a
/lib/libfreeradius-eap.la
/lib/libfreeradius-radius.so
/lib/libfreeradius-radius-2.1.12.so
/lib/libfreeradius-radius.a
/lib/libfreeradius-radius-2.1.12.la
/lib/libfreeradius-radius.la
/lib/libfreeradius-eap-2.1.12.la
/lib/libfreeradius-eap.so

So, as you can see, the libraries version is 2.1.12, the FR version is
2.1.12, but the required libraries version is 2.2.0.