Taking over maintainence of dialupadmin

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Jan 16 07:53:13 CET 2013

Hi,

> Are there any volunteers interested in taking up maintanence of dialupadmin?
>
> I'm pretty sure it's no longer compatible with rlm_ldap, and compatibility will probably decline as more of the FR3 configuration is normalised.
>
> If no one steps forward I vote for removing it from the master branch. It's very old (PHP3), hard to maintain, and i'm honestly not sure if that many people use it. Hopefully by removing it we could encourage someone to start another GUI project.

The file extension is .php3 but was originally intended to be changed to
.php for FR3 - it meanwhile is valid php5 inside.

I know it because at one point I ported the old PHP3 code to PHP5, and
the fixes got included in the source at some point. I'm one of those
using it (but only for scanning through accounting records, no actual
user manip).

That said, I still wouldn't be too sad if it goes away. The whole
approach is not exactly contemporary, and a new tool from scratch would
be nice.

However: I won't be the one writing it :-/

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche