FreeRadius 3.0.0 SPEC

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 16:41:38 CEST 2013

On 07/02/2013 10:05 AM, stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
> All,
>
> Here's a spec set (.spec plus .patches plus a .tar.bz2) that
> currently builds FreeRADIUS 3.0.0 for CentOS 6.4 as close as possible
> to the current 2.x spec:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6265gsxr9oyg9df/p_iLT5UR7Z
>
> This is still a work in progress, but if John from RedHat could
> validate it, that would be appreciated. :-)
>
> I know, I know... I should do this in GitHub probably, but hey, this
> is just raw. The source is just the release_3_0_0_beta1 ZIP file
> repackaged to .tar.bz2. I'll do another run with the current master
> (unless I shouldn't... Arran, Alan D?)

I took a very quick look at it, a few things caught my eye.

I'm surprised we still need the other patches, I thought I had sent all
those upstream, seems to me a new release should not need patches from
an old release.

I don't think the new build system is using libtool so anything related
to libtool is now cruft (that includes removing .la files, etc.)

I don't think think bootstrap is the right way to create certs in %post
anymore, see the recent thread on this.

The URL for the Red Hat FAQ in the FreeRADIUS Wiki has changed, the one
in the README (generated in the spec file) is now invalid and needs to
be updated (something I should have fixed but missed).

I apologize but I don't have time at the moment to work on packaging 3.0
because other tasks trump it at the moment, that however may change
depending on some upcoming management decisions.