session {} not running second module

Matt Nelson - Silverark matt.nelson at silverark.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 11:16:58 CET 2017

Thanks Alan

> Don't do that.  It's not supported, and was never intended to work.
> You're using a VERY old version of the server.  When you upgrade, this
> incorrect configuration will stop working.

I'm using the latest stable version and was just following instruction
on the wiki: https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Fail-over

[root at host2 etc]# radiusd -X
FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.13

I've just put the python code at the end of the authentication section
instead, so the user-name gets updated after the auth bit is done but
before the session section. It works without any issues and I don't have
to use a group or anything additional. Can you advise what I would need
to do if I wanted this to work in the session section?

This is a fresh install of 3.0.13, with a fresh config.

Kind Regards, Matt