session {} not running second module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 17 16:43:43 CET 2017

On Mar 17, 2017, at 6:16 AM, Matt Nelson - Silverark <matt.nelson at silverark.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm using the latest stable version and was just following instruction on the wiki: https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Fail-over

  That documentation says you can use fail-over for modules.  It does *not* say you can put "noop = 1" inside of an "if" statement.

> I've just put the python code at the end of the authentication section instead, so the user-name gets updated after the auth bit is done but before the session section. It works without any issues and I don't have to use a group or anything additional. Can you advise what I would need to do if I wanted this to work in the session section?

 See: http://networkradius.com/doc/FreeRADIUS-Technical-Guide.pdf

  There's documentation for the "session" section, and how it works.  Most "ok / noop / whatever" module codes result in the section returning.

  To be honest, the "session" section hasn't had a lot of attention in the past 10 years or so.  You're probably better off just putting the logic into the "authorize" or "post-auth" sections.