Download source error

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Nov 28 11:42:29 CET 2017

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 09:56 +0000, Jonathan Anthony wrote:
> I did try v3.0.x as well and got the same problem.
> However on Ubuntu, I never had a problem. It was only when we wanted
> the code on a Windows laptop, the problem occurs.

FreeRADIUS isn't written for Windows, and none of us use Windows, so if
you want to explore the unknown you're on your own...

> Using Git Bash on Windows we tried to download the software and
> that’s is when we got the error. After deleting all the code as was
> suggested by git, we got there.
>
>  I noticed,  the code on Ubunu, rlm_pap.c contained the line:
> static const CONF_PARSER module_config[] = {{ "normalise",
> FR_CONF_OFFSET(PW_TYPE_BOOLEAN, rlm_pap_t, normify), "yes" },
> 	CONF_PARSER_TERMINATOR
> };
>
> The code on Windows, rlm_pap.c contained the line:
> static const CONF_PARSER module_config[] = {{
> FR_CONF_OFFSET("normalise", FR_TYPE_BOOL, rlm_pap_t, normify), .dflt
> = "yes" },
> 	CONF_PARSER_TERMINATOR
> };

So they're different commits.

> I have used git hub for years and never seen this issue. I assume the
> top one is now the latest.

Assuming you've made no changes (this will completely wipe out any
local updates) try

$ git clean -fdx
$ git reset --hard HEAD

then do your checkout again. Or just wipe the whole directory and clone
it again.

Or just install Linux. It's free, and FreeRADIUS works.

--
Matthew