AW: sementation fault

vicky vicky at trustive.com
Tue Aug 2 09:32:41 CEST 2005

>First, you should a new empty 'radius' database in MySQL and login user with
>permissions to that database. You could of course call the database and the
>user anything you like but we'll stick to 'radius' for both for the purposes
>of this discussion
>
>Next up, you need to create the schema for the database. There is a file
>which describes this and is actually a SQL script file. It can be found at
>/src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/db_mysql.sql where you untar'd
>FreeRadius. This is the bit that, at least at the time I originally wrote
>these notes, wasn't really documented anywhere and was the thing most people
>seemed to be asking.
>
>How you run that script is up to you and how you like to admin MySQL. The
>easiest way is to:
>
>       mysql -uroot -prootpass radius < db_mysql.sql
>
>...where 'root' and 'rootpass' are your mysql root name and password
>respectively.

Uwe,

Thanks for your answer. About the empty database 'radius' I had already
done that. This morning I ran the script 'db_mysql.sql' you talked
about. Now I can see the tables in my database radius but I still have
the same segmentation fault error. I have reconfigured, recompiled (with
make clean) and reinstalled. That didn't help. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

--Vicky