Simple flat file passwords?

Martin.Ward at uk.neceur.com Martin.Ward at uk.neceur.com
Wed Aug 3 19:43:42 CEST 2005

Stunning! Thanks Alan, that was all it took.  I didn't even realise there
WAS a man page for the rlm_ modules. I'll go read some now.

|\/|artin
--
Senior Network Administrator, NEC (Europe) Ltd.
Acton extension: 3379

             "Alan DeKok"
             <aland at ox.org>
             freeradius-users-         FreeRadius users mailing list
             bounces at lists.fre         <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.
             eradius.org               org>
                                                                        cc

             03/08/2005 18:17                                      Subject
                                       Re: Simple flat file passwords?

             Please respond to
             FreeRadius users
               mailing list
             <freeradius-users
             @lists.freeradius
                   .org>

> I am trying to use the passwd module to configure a simple flat file with
> two fields, a user name and a password. I believe I have the module
> configured right:
>
> passwd text_file {
>                 filename = /var/text_file
>                 format = "*User-Name:*User-Password"

  From the "man" page for rlm_passwd:

  The key field is signified by being preceded with a '*' character,
  which indicates that the field has only one key, like the /etc/passwd
  file.

> However I can't figure out which authtype to use. If I use PAP (above) I
> get the following errors:
>
> rlm_pap: login attempt by "mward" with password feeble
> rlm_pap: No password (or empty password) to check against for for user
> mward

  Because you configured rlm_passwd wrong.

  And don't set the "auth_type" in rlm_passwd.  I think I'm going to
remove that option from the CVS head.  It's just too confusing.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See