Can I set Autz-Type in "hints" file?

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Fri Dec 23 20:15:39 CET 2005

> > Yep, I tried it and it doesn't work when in the "hints" file...
> > It works when I set that DEFAULT entry in the "users" file.
> >
> > Can you explain what the difference is?
>
>   Read the documentation for the differences between the "users" file
> and the "hints" file.  Those are the differences.

Well, I must say the documentation for freeradius is a bit of a mess...

I'm guessing from the comments in the hints file that the preprocess
module doesn't set the "config items" it only modifies the request items
(or adds to them)... quick searching through the source implies this.

Well, while on the documentaion... the "aaa.txt" file says
"During authorization and authentication processes, there are 3 lists
of RADIUS attributes supported by FreeRADIUS: request items, config
items and reply items."

but the "processing_users_file" says

"A request has initially an empty check list and an empty reply list
attached to it. So each request has 3 A/V pairlists associated with it

- the request list (as originated from the terminal server)
- the check list   (initially empty)
- the reply list   (initially empty)"

and looking at the source of rlm_files.c, check_pairs is config_items.
It's a bit confusing to use different words for the same thing.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID --> damjan at bagra.net.mk <-- not my mail address!!!