eap\leap proxy

carnold at dancon.com carnold at dancon.com
Wed Nov 30 17:36:36 CET 2005

I would like to proxy leap authentication requests to a non-leap compatible
radius server. This is a feature of the Cisco ACS product that I was hoping
FreeRadius would be able to do.

I have eap\leap working with my lab wireless access point using the local
users file. I have a realm setup and can proxy pap, chap , and mschap
successfully
to a remote radius server.

What I would like to do is have FreeRadius perform the eap\leap
authentication
request locally, and proxy a chap or mschap(v2) request with username and
password ( only ) to a remote ( non-eap ) radius server.

Questions:

1) Does the current FreeRadius download have this capability and I just
need
   to configure it correctly?

2) Has anyone done eap\leap proxy this way with any success ( or not ) with
FreeRadius?
   Do you have a code hack you can share?

3) [to the developers] In the processing  eap\leap authentication request
within
    the code does the username and password get decoded to plain text in a
variable
    if authenticated to the local users file? C file and line number,
please.

If I am not able to get this working, I am looking at having to purchase 10
copies
of Cisco's ACS at $4K each. I would like to avoid the cost and provide
wireless
authentication at each of my facilities.

Any input is welcome, thanks in advance....

Chris Arnold
Network Manager & Systems Architect

immediately.

Ce message (ainsi que les eventuelles pieces jointes) est
exclusivement adresse au destinataire et contient des
informations confidentielles. La copie, la communication ou la
distribution du contenu de ce message sans l'accord prealable de
l'expediteur sont strictement interdits et peuvent constituer un
delit. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur. Si vous avez des questions se
rapportant a ce courrier electronique, merci de bien vouloir
notifier
l'expediteur immediatement.