Wireless authentication

Dan Johansson danj at broadband-mn.com
Mon Sep 12 19:52:46 CEST 2005

I know there are a handful of ways to set up wireless authentication. Some
better than others.

We have a customer oriented wireless network and we are trying to build a
central authentication system for it, so that we can add and easily control
customer radios from one location. What types of authentication should we be
using? What should be avoided? Any experiences to share?

Additionally, would we be able to route traffic to a captive page if the
customer is placed on hold or doesn't have an account yet? I suppose that
more of a microtik list question, but I'm just asking in case anyone knows.

Thanks,

Dan Johansson