Monitoring FreeRadius with WhatsUp! Professional

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Wed Sep 28 15:11:33 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 28. September 2005 13:57 schrieb Matthew Anderson:
> Are there any freeradius users out there that are using WhatsUp! to
> monitor there freeradius server?  I am trying to set it up but I am
> unsure
> what to use for the send/expect statements.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  I already configured WhatsUp! to use port 1812 and was
> told by
> the WhatsUp! People to contact the vendor for freeradius to get the
> correct
> Send/expect strings.

This stupid check results in an NACK/AUTH-REJECT answer but it works for me
to knowing that my freeradius is alive:

Servicename: RADIUS-1812
Protocl: UDP
Port:    1812
Send=%001D%000,0123456789012345%001%006TEST%002%018abcdefghijklmnop
Expect=.D%000

Just sniff the packets a little bit more in detail (tcpdump/ethereal) to
build an better send/expect mapping.

 --Gerald