ldap authentication failure

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed Apr 19 17:32:55 CEST 2006

"Abey Thomas" <abeyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am facing problems with Ldap and freeradius on RedHat linux AS 4. I can
> sucessfully authenticate with windows xp machines with freeradius local
> "users" file and md5  using cisco 2950. Radtest is successful for the
> ldapusers, but the radius -X shows "rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is
> required for authentication. & modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns
> invalid for request 0"

  See the list archives.  You have told the server to use LDAP for
authentication, and the server received an EAP request.  LDAP servers
don't do EAP.

> I am using the configuration file from the source file.

  No, you're not.  You edited it to break it.

> authorize {
>         preprocess
>         suffix
>         files
>         ldap
> }

  Note: no EAP.

> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.10.29.49:1812, id=61,
> length=133
>         EAP-Message = 0x0200000e016c6461707573657235

  You sent the server an EAP message, but you previously told the
server to NOT do EAP.  What do you expect will happen?

  Use the default configuration files that come with 1.1.1.  Change
ONLY enough to configure the LDAP module.  It WILL work.