Local groups in FreeRadius ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 28 18:26:25 CEST 2006

"Ami Schieber" <ami.schieber at gmail.com> wrote:
> "man users" doesn't show me anything I find related to users file of
> FreeRadius :

  "man 5 users", then.

> FIGrp        Auth-Type := Local, MyGroup-Name == FIGrp
>                 Reply-Message = "Hello from Group, %u"
>
> Is my comparison correct ? Am I right to try and match the attribute name
> (MyGroup-Name) with the actual group name (FIGrp) ? Should it be in the
> users file ?

  This says "If a user with name FIGrp logs in, AND they're in MYGroup-Name FIGrp", then set Auth-Type to Local.

  This probably isn't what you want, for a number of reasons.  You
probably don't want to set Auth-Type, it's almost always a bad idea.
And you probably don't have a user named "FIGrp".

  Read the "man" page.