Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 11 22:22:24 CET 2006

Guilherme Franco wrote:
> But of all the logs that I have, just ONE shows the following:
>
> Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Info: Ready to process requests.
> Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Auth: Invalid user: [bonam at foo.com
> <mailto:bonam at foo.com>] (from client NAS-4 port 2952792216)
> Wed Dec  7 09:15:04 2006 : Error: Assertion failed in listen.c, line 621

  You CAN run it multi-threaded with the full debugging information.
Use "-xxx", and you will see a LOT more information than what you've
posted above.

> Besides that, I've installed the latest CVS above the old one, not a
> clean install.
>
> That might be the problem, what do you think?

  Yes.  Delete ALL of the server binaries and libraries.  THEN install
the new one.  As I said, you're probably using the old version of the
server, which is why you're running into a problem that was fixed months
ago.