rlm_sql: Password in Accounting Packet

Marco Stuhl skipperinc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 13:46:44 CET 2006

Here's the scenario.

I'd like to make one username for all users having/sharing same service (e.g.
users w/ service A all have username 'foo' with unique password for every
user). Now, the problem arises with accounting, or, to be more precise,
session reports that will be available for them to see and check their past
sessions.

Since accounting (SQL schema) is based on unique username, I cannot make the
distinction between users. Also, I've noted (in past FR versions, though)
that it was possible for log files, since FR logged passwords there?

Thanks,
Marco