possible ascend data filter problems

Chuck chuck at pathworx.com
Wed Jan 11 18:37:05 CET 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 11:31 am, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Chuck <chuck at pathworx.com> wrote:
> > plus, when i use radtest i get this result which seems to me to be either
> > hex-text or the proper 'binary' they are  looking for? i am not familiar
with
> > this...
> >
> > rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 64.113.39.5:1645, id=88,
length=291
> >         Service-Type = Framed-User
> >         Framed-Protocol = PPP
> >         Port-Limit = 1
> >         Ascend-Data-Filter = 0x697020696e20666f72776172642074637020657374
>
>   The "hex" is just the ASCII string value you entered on the server.
> Since it's not the proper abinary format, radclient can't decode it,
> and instead prints it as hex.
>
>   The reason for this is that the server isn't encoding the attribute
> as abinary before sending it.  That has to be fixed.
>
>   This is almost always a dictionary problem.

hmm ok wish i was more an expert at this... will have a closer look at the
dictionary sections and try to figure it out.

thanks

>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Chuck

"Windows?? You mean the thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a
sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a
four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't
stand one bit of competition? Oh, that..." -- Lee Clarke