FreeRadius-1.1.0 - rlm_digest with MD5 passwords in a MySQL db

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Mon Jan 23 21:50:16 CET 2006

Hey All,

	I've been spending my day trying to get rlm_digest to work with
encrypted passwords in a MySQL database. When I use the User-Password
attribute with a plain text password then digest authentication works
fine, however when I change the attribute to MD5-Password I get the
following on the console when running radiusd -X;

rlm_digest: Configuration item "User-Password" or MD5-Password is
required for authentication.

	Looking through the rlm_digest.c file I found that PW_MD5_PASSWORD
needs to be defined before the module will look for the MD5-Password
attribute and following how PW_PASSWORD is defined I added
-DPW_MD5_PASSWORD=1095 to the compile options and still got the same
message. I defined the same value in radiusd.h and again got the same
message.

	So, how do I get encrypted password storage to work? Does anyone have
any pointers on where to go from here?

Thanks,
Evan