Freeradius Simultaneous use and credit time

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 20:13:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I'm installing an hotspot solution with chillispot + freeradius + openldap.
> I try to find a way, to limit simultaneous connection on my hotspot so a user
> can only login once on the same time. Does someone have try and implement this
> options on his configuration ?
> Secondly, i want my user can only use the hotspot for 4h, after this time they
> must re-authentificate.
>
> Actually i have configure my freeradius for local authentification by "users"
> file's with Simultaneous-use :=1 but the user can login more than only one
> time.
> Is there other configuration to do ?
>
> My users file
>
> rom Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "password", Simulaneous-Use :=1
>
> Thx for your answer
>
> Best regards Wink
>
> ps: sorry for my english , it's not my natural i'm french

votre anglais est tres bon, a la difference de mon francais! ;-)

the Cillispot FAQ details this issue a little more:

http://www.chillispot.org/FAQ.html

if you are using MySQL accounting, then the accounting requests allow the simultaneous-use
to be easily detected...but if you are just using files, then you must make sure that your rad_check
is working 100%

alan