Yet another Simultaneous-Use issue

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed May 3 22:08:22 CEST 2006

"Eduardo Bejar" <wonka at linkabu.net> wrote:
> It seems that I´m missing something regarding the Simultaneous-Use option as
> I can´t make it work yet. I´ve found that this has been asked many times
> before, but I´ve tried all suggested methods with no luck.

  Ok... is the NAS sending accounting packets?  Without those,
Simultaneous-Use won't work.

> - Tested inserting GroupName="dialup", Attribute="Simultaneous-Use",
> op=":=", Value=1.

  Are there users in group "dialup"?

> - Tested at users file:
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = sql
> 	Fall-Through = 1

  There is no "Auth_Type = SQL".  No documentation says to do this.,
so I have no idea why you're doing it.

> - Tested radiusd -sx and no Simultaneous-Use shows up when login.

  It's not supposed to.

> Currently I can login twice with the same user, but the user only shows up 1
> time when doing radwho.

  Read the debugging output of the server.  If it's receiving
accounting packets, it will tell you if radutmp or SQL can't be
updated for simultaneous use.