1.1.3 on Solaris 10 (sparc)

Lin Richardson lin at xmission.com
Wed Sep 6 18:40:45 CEST 2006

So to confirm the observations and comments above:

My environment worked without any errors.  The following give some detail as
to why.

bash-3.00# which ar
/usr/ccs/bin/ar

bash-3.00# echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin

ar is a command line tool that is not in your path, so I guess ./configure
sets it to false... and then tries to run it with the command "false".
Fix your path to include the location of ar and you will probably have
better results.  Thanks to the others on the list for catching this detail.

It may be a good idea to add to the wiki as well.

Lin