Crypt passwords doesn't work

Sebastian Firpo sebas at mecon.gov.ar
Wed Apr 18 22:39:27 CEST 2007

Hi, I migrated a freeradius server from version 0.6 to 1.5. I'm using a
users file for authorize.
The server don't authorize and when a do a debug (radiusd -X) I saw the
User-password in clear text. If I modify the User-password in the users
file by the clear text one it works.

Here are the debug and an entry of the users file:

Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.12.4.2:1645, id=91, length=75
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.12.4.2
        NAS-Port = 1
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        User-Name = "sebas"
        Calling-Station-Id = "10.11.1.25"
        User-Password = "hello"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
    users: Matched entry sebas at line 50
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password does NOT match local User-Password
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds

users file

sebas           Auth-Type := Local, Crypt-Password == "(!lGOOlHaBWoQ"
                Service-Type = Administrative-User,
                Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

Thanks very much!!