Freeradius / NAS issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 9 01:23:55 CEST 2007

Andy Billington wrote:
> Was thinking about setting up another FR instance, separate IP and
> with just pure text (users) info but am not sure - what concerns me is
> seeing a few mails that have same symptoms (connect starts, then
> restarts after 10s)

  Do those users get connected at *all*?  If they do, then the problem
is the NAS.  It's being told to connect them, it does, and then 10s
later, it disconnects them.

  *Please* ensure that the problem is something other than RADIUS before
poking your FreeRADIUS configuration.  If the NAS receives the
Access-Accept and lets the user on, DON'T touch your RADIUS
configuration.  Buy a NAS that works.