How to get FreeRadius 2.0 running?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 14:23:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Hello, I've downloaded from CVS the latest snapshot of FreeRadius
> 2.0 for testing purposes, but to my surprise, i haven't yet succeeded
> in getting it to run.The error message I get is the following:Mon Aug 27 15:49:14 2007 : Error: Listening on IP authentication address * port 1812 but no server has been definedMon Aug 27 15:49:14 2007 : Error: Errors setting up modulesCould please somebody assist me? I know this version is not yet finished, but I'd like to have it running to see its new features.Jack D

its very much finished in manay ways - just a few kinks here and there...and
some more larger sites to take on the challenge to find corner/edge cases.

your issue is that you seem to be trying to run 2.0 with 1.1.x config files.
that wont work. in order to 1.1.x -> 2.x migrate, you need to take
your 1.1.x config files and look at the 2.0 config , line-by-line, edit
the new functions/config to do what your old one did. its not a long
process (especially as the new server is much clearer and simpler
to config (imho) and you can use unlang to remove many old oddities
and comparison/checks.

alan