"Clear text password not available"

Flavio Silvestrone drascii at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:45:15 CEST 2007

   Can you post the FULL entry that you have in the users file?  What you
posted

> lists only reply items, which give us no information related to the
> problem
> you are having.  What check items do you have?  If you are using a recent
> version of freeradius, you should have the Cleartext-Password as a check
> item.
>
> Have you run the server in debug mode?  If so, there are probably error
> messages in the output which may assist you in resolving your problem.
>
> Kevin Bonner
>
> -

Hi Kevin
I can't find what you say as "Cleartext-Password as a check
item" .
The version of radius is "freeradius-1.0.1-3".
Here my  users file, thank's a lot :

#
#    Please read the documentation file ../doc/processing_users_file,
#    or 'man 5 users' (after installing the server) for more information.
#
#    This file contains authentication security and configuration
#    information for each user.  Accounting requests are NOT processed
#    through this file.  Instead, see 'acct_users', in this directory.
#
#    The first field is the user's name and can be up to
#    253 characters in length.  This is followed (on the same line) with
#    the list of authentication requirements for that user.  This can
#    include password, comm server name, comm server port number, protocol
#    type (perhaps set by the "hints" file), and huntgroup name (set by
#    the "huntgroups" file).
#
#    If you are not sure why a particular reply is being sent by the
#    server, then run the server in debugging mode (radiusd -X), and
#    you will see which entries in this file are matched.
#
#    When an authentication request is received from the comm server,
#    these values are tested. Only the first match is used unless the
#    "Fall-Through" variable is set to "Yes".
#
#    A special user named "DEFAULT" matches on all usernames.
#    You can have several DEFAULT entries. All entries are processed
#    in the order they appear in this file. The first entry that
#    matches the login-request will stop processing unless you use
#    the Fall-Through variable.
#
#    If you use the database support to turn this file into a .db or .dbm
#    file, the DEFAULT entries _have_ to be at the end of this file and
#    you can't have multiple entries for one username.
#
#    You don't need to specify a password if you set Auth-Type += System
#    on the list of authentication requirements. The RADIUS server
#    will then check the system password file.
#
#    Indented (with the tab character) lines following the first
#    line indicate the configuration values to be passed back to
#    the comm server to allow the initiation of a user session.
#    This can include things like the PPP configuration values
#    or the host to log the user onto.
#
#    You can include another `users' file with `$INCLUDE users.other'
#

#
#    For a list of RADIUS attributes, and links to their definitions,
#    see:
#
#    http://www.freeradius.org/rfc/attributes.html
#

#
# Deny access for a specific user.  Note that this entry MUST
# be before any other 'Auth-Type' attribute which results in the user
# being authenticated.
#
# Note that there is NO 'Fall-Through' attribute, so the user will not
# be given any additional resources.
#
#lameuser    Auth-Type := Reject
#        Reply-Message = "Your account has been disabled."

#
# Deny access for a group of users.
#
# Note that there is NO 'Fall-Through' attribute, so the user will not
# be given any additional resources.
#
#DEFAULT    Group == "disabled", Auth-Type := Reject
#        Reply-Message = "Your account has been disabled."
#

#
# This is a complete entry for "steve". Note that there is no Fall-Through
# entry so that no DEFAULT entry will be used, and the user will NOT
# get any attributes in addition to the ones listed here.
#
#steve    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "testing"
#    Service-Type = Framed-User,
#    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
#    Framed-IP-Address = 172.16.3.33,
#    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
#    Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
#    Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
#    Framed-MTU = 1500,
#    Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

#
# This is an entry for a user with a space in their name.
# Note the double quotes surrounding the name.
#
#"John Doe"    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "hello"
#        Reply-Message = "Hello, %u"

#
# Dial user back and telnet to the default host for that port
#
#Deg    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "ge55ged"
#    Service-Type = Callback-Login-User,
#    Login-IP-Host = 0.0.0.0,
#    Callback-Number = "9,5551212",
#    Login-Service = Telnet,
#    Login-TCP-Port = Telnet

#
# Another complete entry. After the user "dialbk" has logged in, the
# connection will be broken and the user will be dialed back after which
# he will get a connection to the host "timeshare1".
#
#dialbk    Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "callme"
#    Service-Type = Callback-Login-User,
#    Login-IP-Host = timeshare1,
#    Login-Service = PortMaster,
#    Callback-Number = "9,1-800-555-1212"

#
# user "swilson" will only get a static IP number if he logs in with
# a framed protocol on a terminal server in Alphen (see the huntgroups
file).
#
# Note that by setting "Fall-Through", other attributes will be added from
# the following DEFAULT entries
#
#swilson    Service-Type == Framed-User, Huntgroup-Name == "alphen"
#        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.65,
#        Fall-Through = Yes

#
# If the user logs in as 'username.shell', then authenticate them
# against the system database, give them shell access, and stop processing
# the rest of the file.
#
#DEFAULT    Suffix == ".shell", Auth-Type := System
#        Service-Type = Login-User,
#        Login-Service = Telnet,
#        Login-IP-Host = your.shell.machine

#
# The rest of this file contains the several DEFAULT entries.
# DEFAULT entries match with all login names.
# Note that DEFAULT entries can also Fall-Through (see first entry).
# A name-value pair from a DEFAULT entry will _NEVER_ override
# an already existing name-value pair.
#

#
# First setup all accounts to be checked against the UNIX /etc/passwd.
# (Unless a password was already given earlier in this file).
#
DEFAULT    Auth-Type = System
    Fall-Through = 1

#
# Set up different IP address pools for the terminal servers.
# Note that the "+" behind the IP address means that this is the "base"
# IP address. The Port-Id (S0, S1 etc) will be added to it.
#
#DEFAULT    Service-Type == Framed-User, Huntgroup-Name == "alphen"
#        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.32+,
#        Fall-Through = Yes

#DEFAULT    Service-Type == Framed-User, Huntgroup-Name == "delft"
#        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.2.32+,
#        Fall-Through = Yes

#
# Defaults for all framed connections.
#
DEFAULT    Service-Type == Framed-User
    Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
    Framed-MTU = 576,
    Service-Type = Framed-User,
    Fall-Through = Yes

#
# Default for PPP: dynamic IP address, PPP mode, VJ-compression.
# NOTE: we do not use Hint = "PPP", since PPP might also be auto-detected
#    by the terminal server in which case there may not be a "P" suffix.
#    The terminal server sends "Framed-Protocol = PPP" for auto PPP.
#
DEFAULT    Framed-Protocol == PPP
    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
    Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for CSLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode, VJ-compression.
#
DEFAULT    Hint == "CSLIP"
    Framed-Protocol = SLIP,
    Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

#
# Default for SLIP: dynamic IP address, SLIP mode.
#
DEFAULT    Hint == "SLIP"
    Framed-Protocol = SLIP

#
# Last default: rlogin to our main server.
#
#DEFAULT
#    Service-Type = Login-User,
#    Login-Service = Rlogin,
#    Login-IP-Host = shellbox.ispdomain.com

# #
# # Last default: shell on the local terminal server.
# #
# DEFAULT
#     Service-Type = Shell-User

# On no match, the user is denied access.

massi Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "massi"
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Address = 10.1.1.7,
       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
       Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
#       Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
       Framed-MTU = 1500,
#       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

flavio Cleartext-Password := "flavio"
       Service-Type = Framed-User,
       Framed-Protocol = PPP,
       Framed-IP-Address = 10.1.1.8,